- EVDO network changes
Due to a change in our EVDO data service, you may notice slower data speeds in Sarnia, Windsor Essex, Kenora, Arviat, Baker Lake & the Niagara Falls region, starting July 1st 2015.
The rest of Canada will be affected by this network change starting August 1st 2015.
This network change will not interrupt your coverage, which includes your voice calling, and text. However, you may notice a reduction in data speeds on your device and you will be unable to perform simultaneous voice calling and data sessions at the same time.
Though EVDO data service will no longer be available, you will continue to receive mobile service on our 1xRTT CDMA network.
Visit our coverage map for detailed coverage information.
How will the change in data speeds impact my email services?
Email services will continue to function, although the reduced data speeds may increase the time it takes to send and receive an email, depending on its size. Attachments (documents, pictures and video) will also take longer to download to your device.
Will apps like Facebook and Twitter be impacted?
Apps that consume bandwidth will be impacted, due to reduced data speeds. Updates will take longer to download and appear within the app. Pictures and videos will take longer to load.
Will I still be able to watch videos with applications like YouTube?
These services will still work, however, the experience will change. Videos and streaming services will take longer to load, and you may experience buffering delays or choppiness, due to reduced data speeds.
Will I still be able to send/receive MMS messages?
Yes, however, it will take longer to send, receive and load pictures or videos, due to reduced data speeds.
Why am I missing Calls while browsing on the internet or Social media?
With 1xRTT It is not possible to have simultaneous Voice and Data sessions. You can only access one option at a time. Therefore if you are browsing data, calls will either go to Voice mail or will get a busy signal
The following list of devices will be affected by the reduced data speeds:
Kyocera KPC-650 Passport
LG 265 Rumour 2
LG 550 Fusic
LG 570 Muziq
LG 600 Reveal
LG 700 Bliss
LG 800 Chocolate
LG 830 Vantage
LG 8700 Shine
LG Voyager (10000)
Motorola Hint QA30
Motorola KRZR K1m
Motorola RAZR2 V9m
Motorola ROKR Z6m
Novatel Wireless E725 Module Rev A
Novatel Wireless P720 PC Card
Novatel Wireless U720 USB Modem
Novatel Wireless U727 USB
Novatel Wireless U760 USB
Novatel Wireless X720 ExpressCard
Palm Treo 700p
Palm Treo 700wx
Palm Treo Pro
Palm Treo Pro MSFT
Samsung i325 Ace
Samsung i910 Omnia
Samsung m530 Electra
Samsung m560 Reclaim
Samsung m800 Instinct
Samsung r561 Vice
Sanyo Katana Eclipse (6750)
Sanyo Pro 200
Sanyo Pro 700
Sierra Wireless AirCard 595
UTStarcom PPC6700View All Prepaid FAQ (51)
CDMA Network Change
- CDMA Network Change
The CDMA network (an older network technology) will begin shutting down in regions across Canada starting on the following dates:
January 31, 2017
Alberta, British Columbia and the Gaspe region in Quebec
June 30, 2017
- Extended coverage
The PC mobile HSPA network covers 74% of the population and LTE network covers 59% of the population in Manitoba, with coverage expanding across the province. That coverage is now complemented by extended coverage throughout Manitoba.
Who is extended coverage available to?
Extended coverage is available to PC mobile customers with HSPA/LTE devices for occasional use to complement the customer’s usage on the PC mobile network. Extended coverage is not available to Manitoba customers residing outside of the PC mobile footprint; PC mobile only offers new phone numbers and the ability to port in numbers for its own network. See our coverage map for our latest service coverage areas and maps.
What are the usage limitations of extended coverage?
As extended coverage is offered as a complement to PC mobile’s own coverage, the majority of your usage on a monthly basis must be within PC mobile’s own coverage area. PC mobile may restrict or limit your access to extended coverage if the majority of your usage occurs within extended coverage on an ongoing basis. Usage is subject to PC mobile Terms of Service; see pcmobile.ca/serviceterms
How is usage within extended coverage billed?
Usage within extended coverage is billed as part of your current plan. Just like travelling outside your local area on the PC mobile network, long distance charges apply to incoming calls received while within extended coverage. For outgoing calls, long distance applies if the number called is outside the local calling area of where the call is placed. Long distance charges do not apply if you have the Unlimited Nationwide and Unlimited North American Long Distance Minutes add on. However, regular local airtime rates still apply to these long distance calls.
How will the experience be different within extended coverage? The Network icon will show EXT instead of PC mobile when your usage is occurring within extended coverage. Data speeds will generally be slower and certain services (such as video streaming and the internet) may be limited.
Please note that PC mobile and our roaming partners may, without notice, change networks or geographical coverage areas (both in and out of Canada). PC mobile is not liable for any loss you or anyone else may suffer as a result of any disruptions or outages to the Services, or as a result of any changes to the networks or geographical coverage areas (both in and out of Canada).View All Extended Coverage (1)
Text with 911
- What is Text with 911
Text with 911 – Emergency services for the Hearing and Speech Impaired
Text with 911 is an emergency texting service for Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Speech Impaired (DHHSI) customers. If you are a DHHSI customer and want to be able to text with a 911 operator:
- Registration will commence in the spring of 2014. Please note that you will be required to agree to the terms of service to use this service.
- In an emergency, dial 911 on your cell phone to access the 911 center in your area. They will receive an indicator that tells them to communicate with you via text messaging.
- Monitor the cell phone display to ensure that the call is connected. Shortly after the call is connected, you should receive an initial text message from a 9-1-1 Call Centre. If you do not receive the initial text message within two minutes, you may end the voice call and redial 911.
- The number you will see on your cell phone will have 13 digits and will begin with 555911. This will identify the call centre you are texting with.
- Once the initial text message is received, you should reply to this text message and provide the 9-1-1 Call Taker with the information that they are requesting, such as the nature of the emergency and your location. Keep your text messages brief and concise.
- You should keep the 9-1-1 voice call connected during the entire text messaging session if possible. This will permit the 9-1-1 Call Taker to hear any background noises that can be helpful to assess the emergency, and will provide enhanced 9-1-1 functions.
- Depending on the province that you live in and the emergency services you require, you may be transferred to a new number that begins with 555911 during your T9-1-1 session to access Fire, Police or EMS. Always send your message to the current 555911 number.
- You will know that the T9-1-1 session has been concluded when you receive the message “End of 9-1-1 Call”. If no “End of 9-1-1 Call” or further response is received, you can send a text message asking if the 9-1-1 conversation has ended. If you receive an error message, the T91-1 session has ended.
- After receiving the “End of 9-1-1 Call” message, if you need to further communicate with the 9-1-1 Call Centre, you will need to initiate a new text session by dialing 911 to re-establish contact with the 9-1-1 Call Centre and communicate again by replying to the text message.
- A supported handset will be required to use this service. The following mobiles devices support T911:
- HTC Desire C
- LG Optimus L1 II
- LG Optimus L5
- LG Optimus L5 II
- LG Optimus Net
- Samsung Galaxy 551
- Samsung Momo
- Samsung S275
- Sony Xperia M
- Please consult the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association web site for Text With 9-1-1 for an instructional video and other valuable service information.
Important Tips for T9-1-1 Users
- T9-1-1 users should be aware that text messaging is considered a “best efforts” service and there is no guarantee a text message will be sent, delivered or received in a timely manner. In the unlikely event that this happens, re-send the message.
- Providing location information and the nature of the emergency in the first message is imperative. The 9-1-1 Call Taker may receive an approximate location of your cell phone with your 9-1-1 call, however it is important for the caller to confirm the location of the emergency.
- Text messages should be brief and concise.
- Text abbreviations and slang should never be used so that the intent of the dialog can be as clear as possible.
- T9-1-1 should only be used for emergency situations that require a response from police, fire or emergency medical services.
Note: This feature is only available to DHHSI customers. You must accept the terms of service to use this service.
T9-1-1 terms of service:
- T9-1-1 service is not available everywhere. Government agencies are responsible for handling emergency calls, and not all of them are able to support T9-1-1 service. For T9-1-1 coverage areas, please consult the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association website for Text with 9-1-1. Coverage areas are approximate.
- The T-91-1 Call Taker will attempt to communicate to you via text messages in the language associated with your mobile subscription. If they language associated with your mobile subscription is not correct, please contact Client Care. The agency handling your T9-1-1 call may not be able to assist you in both official languages.
- T9-1-1 service relies on text messaging sessions initiated by the government emergency response agency receiving your 911 call. The availability of text messaging service is not guaranteed and is subject to the PC mobile Service Terms.
- You must have an active PC mobile account to access T9-1-1 service on your PC mobile device. Each device on your account must be individually enabled for T9-1-1 service, if the user is eligible. Please allow 5 days for registration to become effective.
- Your T9-1-1 registration will not follow if you port your number to another service provider. You must re-register.
If you have Postpaid services with PC mobile, click here.
Register for T911:
To Register for T911, fill out the T911 Registration Form.View All Text with 911 (1)
- Need help to determine which SIM to use? See below:
SIM Card Type
SIM Card Type
Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 3 (4.5)
LG X Power
Moto G (3rd Gen)
Samsung Galaxy J1
ZTE Grand X2
Where to purchase the LG X Power
- Below is a listing of stores that sell the LG X Power device. Please note that quantities are limited.
PROVINCE CITY LOCATION POSTAL CODE BANNER PHONE NUMBER AB Airdrie 300 Veterans Blvd NE T4B 3P2 Real Canadian Superstore 403-945-2319 AB Bonnyville 5101 - 46th Street T9N 2P1 Real Canadian Wholesale Club 780-812-3946 AB Drayton Valley 5212-50th St. T7A 1S6 Your Independent Grocer 780-542-3518 AB Drumheller Box1240 1252 Highway 9 South T0J 0Y0 Extra Foods 403-823-3487 AB Fort MacLeod 1906-8th Ave. T0L 0Z0 Extra Foods 403-553-7901 AB Grande Prairie 12225-99th Street T8V 6X9 Real Canadian Superstore 780-831-3827 AB High Level 10901-98 St. T0H 1Z0 Your Independent Grocer 780-841-4302 AB Lac la Biche 10527-101 St., Avenue T0A 2C0 Your Independent Grocer 780-623-6400 AB Medicine Hat 1792 Trans Canada Way S.E. T1B 4C6 Real Canadian Superstore 403-528-5727 AB Sherwood Park #100-410 Baseline Road T8H 2A7 Real Canadian Superstore 780-417-5237 AB Spruce Grove #10 - 110 Jennifer Heil Way T7X 3Z3 Real Canadian Superstore 780-960-7418 AB St. Paul 5701-50th Ave. T0A 3A1 Extra Foods 780-645-7030 BC Campbell River 1424 Island Highway V9W 2E3 Real Canadian Superstore 250-830-2736 BC Chilliwack 45779 Luckakuck Way V2R 4E8 Real Canadian Superstore 604-824-4236 BC Courtenay 757 Ryan Road V9N 3R6 Real Canadian Superstore 250-334-6901 BC Creston 1501 Cook St. V0B 1G0 Extra Foods 250-402-6020 BC Fernie 1792 A 9th Avenue V0B 1M5 Your Independent Grocer 250-423-7387 BC Kamloops 910 Columbia Street West V2C 1L2 Real Canadian Superstore 250-371-6418 BC Kelowna 2280 Baron Road V1X 7W3 Real Canadian Superstore 250-717-2536 BC Maple Ridge 19800 Lougheed Hwy Suite 201 V3Y 2W1 Real Canadian Superstore 604-460-4319 BC Mission 32136 Lougheed Highway V2V 1A4 Real Canadian Superstore 604-820-6436 BC Vernon 5001 Anderson Way V1T 9V1 Real Canadian Superstore 250-550-2319 BC Victoria 835 Langford Parkway V9B 4V5 Real Canadian Superstore 250-391-3137 BC Westbank 3020 Louie Drive V4T 3E1 Real Canadian Superstore 250-707-7000 MB Winnipeg 740 St. Annes Road R2N 0A2 No Frills 204-257-6149 MB Winnipeg 550 Kenaston Blvd R3N 2A1 Real Canadian Superstore 204-488-5800 MB Winnipeg 215 St Anne's Rd. R2M 2Z9 Real Canadian Superstore 204-258-2402 MB Winnipeg 1035 Gateway Rd R2K 4C1 Real Canadian Superstore 204-987-7534 MB Winnipeg 1385 Sargent Avenue R3E 3P8 Real Canadian Superstore 204-784-7901 MB Winnipeg 80 Bison Drive R3T 4Z7 Real Canadian Superstore 204-275-4118 MB Winnipeg 1578 Regent Ave West R2C 3B4 Real Canadian Superstore 204-654-5500 NB Bathurst 700 St Peter Ave. E2A 2Y7 Atlantic Superstore 506-547-3180 NB Moncton 165 Main St. E1C 1B3 Atlantic Superstore 506-852-2060 NB Moncton 89 Trinity Drive E1G 2J7 Atlantic Superstore 506-383-4919 NB Perth-Andover P.O. Box 606 E7H 1T3 Your Independent Grocer 506-273-3940 NB Riverview 429 Coverdale Road E1B 3K3 Atlantic Superstore 506-387-5992 NB Rothesay 115 Campbell Road, Unit B E2E 6E4 Atlantic Superstore 506-847-7055 NB Saint John 168 Rothesay Ave E2J 2B5 Atlantic Superstore 506-648-1320 NL Conception Bay S. 166 Conception Bay Hwy A1W 1M9 Dominion 709-834-2053 NL Corner Brook 5 Murphy Square A2H 1R4 Dominion 709-634-9450 NL Gander 100 Laurell Road A1V 2V5 Dominion 709-651-3437 NL Grand Falls 17 Cromer Avenue A2A 1X3 Dominion 709-489-4973 NL Mount Pearl Pearlgate Plaza 150 Oldplacent A1N 4P5 Dominion 709-576-1236 NL St John's 20 Lake Avenue A1A 1H4 Dominion 709-576-1160 NL St. John's 260 Blackmarsh Rd A1E 1T2 Dominion 709-579-0133 NL Stephenville 62 Prince Rupert Street A2N 3W7 Dominion 709-643-0850 NT Yellowknife 250 Old Airport Road X1A 3G3 Your Independent Grocer 867-766-3195 NT Yellowknife 14-4910 50th Avenue X1A 3S5 Your Independent Grocer 867-669-9100 NS Barrington Passage 3695 Highway 30 B0W 1E0 No Frills 902-637-3512 NS Glace Bay 155 Reserve Street Box 41 B1A 5V1 Atlantic Superstore 902-842-9609 NS Sydney River 1225 Kings Road B1S 1E1 Atlantic Superstore 902-539-7657 ON Alliston 30 King Street South L9R 1H6 Zehrs 705-434-9391 ON Aylmer 657 John Street North N5H 3J1 No Frills 519-765-2811 ON BARRIE 620 Yonge Street L4N 4E6 Zehrs 705-735-2390 ON Barry's Bay Highway #60 K0J 1B0 Valu-Mart 613-756-2023 ON Bracebridge 270 Wellington Street P1L 1B9 Your Independent Grocer 705-646-1412 ON Brantford 290 King George Rd Nth/Hiway24 N3R 5L8 Zehrs 519-751-8988 ON Brockville 1972 Parkedale Avenue K6V 5T2 SuperStore 613-498-0994 ON Cambridge 200 Frankliin Blvd N1R 5S2 Zehrs 519-624-8170 ON Cambridge 400 Conestoga Blvd. N1R 7L7 Zehrs 519-620-1376 ON Chatham 791 St Clair Street North N7M 5J7 SuperStore 519-352-4982 ON Espanola 745 Centre Street P5E 1S8 Your Independent Grocer 705-869-0284 ON Exeter 62 Thames Road East N0M 1S3 Your Independent Grocer 519-235-6131 ON Georgetown 171 Guelph Street L7G 4A1 SuperStore 905-877-5393 ON Goderich 35400D Huron Road N7A 4C6 Zehrs 519-524-2229 ON Grimsby 361 South Service Road L3M 4E8 SuperStore 905-309-3911 ON Haliburton 5121 Country Road #21 K0M 1S0 Your Independent Grocer 705-455-9775 ON Hanmer 5200 Highway 69 N P3P 1Z3 Your Independent Grocer 705-969-4474 ON Kanata 760 Eagleson Road K2M 0A7 SuperStore 613-254-6050 ON Kingsville 300 Main St. E N9Y 3S9 Zehrs 519-733-6556 ON Kitchener 875 Highland Road West N2N 2Y2 SuperStore 519-745-4781 ON Kitchener 750 Ottawa St South N2E 1B6 Zehrs 519-744-5981 ON Kitchener 1005 Ottawa Street N2A 1H1 Zehrs 519-893-7930 ON Listowel 600 Mitchell Rd Hwy 23 South N4W 3T1 Zehrs 519-291-5515 ON Lively 65 Regional Road #24 P3Y 1C3 Your Independent Grocer 705-692-3514 ON London 3040 Wonderland Road South N6L 1A6 Loblaw 519-668-0719 ON London 1205 Oxford Street N6H 1V9 SuperStore 519-641-3653 ON London 825 Oxford Street East N5Y 3J8 SuperStore 519-434-4662 ON Markham 200 Bullock Drive L3P 1W2 Loblaw 905-294-4922 ON Marmora 42 Matthew Street P.O. Box 457 K0K 2M0 Valu-Mart 613-472-2706 ON Midland 9292 County Road L4R 4K4 SuperStore 705-527-0388 ON Milton 820 Main Street East L9T 0J4 SuperStore 905-875-3451 ON Orillia 289 Coldwater Road L3V 6J3 Zehrs 705-325-5777 ON Oshawa 481 Gibb Street L1J 1Z4 SuperStore 905-743-0043 ON Owen Sound 1150 16th Street East N4K 1Z3 Zehrs 519-371-1196 ON Peterborough 769 Borden Avenue K9J 0B6 SuperStore 705-749-6962 ON Pickering 1792 Liverpool Road L1V 1V9 Loblaw 905-831-6301 ON Port Hope 20 Jocelyn Road L1A 3V5 Your Independent Grocer 905-885-1867 ON Renfrew 680 O'Brien Road K7V 3Z4 No Frills 613-433-8212 ON SARNIA 600 Murphy Road N7S 2X1 SuperStore 519-383-8300 ON St. Catherines 411 Louth Street L2S 4A2 SuperStore 905-984-8408 ON St. Catherines Fairview Mall 285 Geneva St. L2N 2G1 Zehrs 905-646-7671 ON St. Thomas 1063 Talbot Street Unit 50 N5P 1G4 SuperStore 519-637-6358 ON Stratford 865 Ontario Street N5A 7Y2 Zehrs 519-273-6164 ON Strathroy 626 Victoria Street N7G 3C1 SuperStore 519-245-5277 ON Sturgeon Falls 12035 Hwy #17 P2B 2S6 No Frills 705-753-0699 ON Sudbury 1485 Lasalle Blvd P3A 5H7 SuperStore 705-560-4961 ON Tillsonburg 400 Simcoe Street N4G 4X1 Zehrs 519-842-9031 ON Tweed 56 Victoria Street P O Box 310 K0K 3J0 Valu-Mart 613-478-2014 ON Uxbridge 323 Toronto St.S L9P 1N2 Zehrs 905-852-1212 ON Waterloo 555 Davenport Road N2L 6L2 Zehrs 519-746-0125 ON Windsor 2430 Dougall Ave. N8X 1T2 SuperStore 519-972-1010 ON Windsor 4371 Walker Road N8W 3T6 SuperStore 519-972-8335 ON Windsor 7201 Tecumseh Rd East N8T 3K4 Zehrs 519-974-1000 QC Aylmer 375, Chemin Aylmer J9H 1A5 Provigo 819-682-4433 QC Baie Comeau 300, boul. Lasalle G4Z 2K2 Provigo 418-296-5806 QC Baie Comeau 570, boul. Laflèche G5C 1C3 Maxi 418-589-9020 QC Baie St. Paul 30, rue Racine G3Z 2R1 Maxi 418-240-3510 QC Dolbeau-Mistassini 224, boul. St-Michel G8L 4P5 Provigo 418-276-2677 QC Forestville 25, Route 138, C.P. 100 G0T 1E0 Provigo 418-587-2202 QC Gatineau 800, Boul. Maloney Ouest J8T 3R6 Maxi & Cie 819-561-9244 QC Hull 1, Boul. Du Plateau J9A 3G1 Provigo 819-777-2747 QC Lac Megantic 3500, rue Laval G6B 1A4 Maxi 819-583-4001 QC Maniwaki 170, Principale sud J9E 1Z6 Maxi 819-449-6822 QC Mont Tremblant 390 route 117 J8E 2X3 Maxi 819-425-3103 QC Plessisville 1877, rue Bilodeau G6L 5N2 Maxi 819-362-7370 QC Port-Cartier 8, boul. des Iles G5B 2J4 Provigo 418-766-6121 QC Repentigny 86 boul. Brien J6A 5K7 Maxi & Cie 450-581-8866 QC Riviere-du-Loup 215, boul. Hôtel De Ville G5R 4Y2 Maxi 418-863-4100 QC Roberval 150, avenue Saint-Alphonse G8H 3P8 Maxi 418-275-4471 QC Sept-Iles 1005, boul. Laure G4R 1Z1 Maxi 418-968-1213 QC Sept-Iles 649, boul. Laure, suite 100 G4R 1X8 Provigo 418-962-2240 QC St-Georges-de-Beauce 8200, boul. Lacroix G5Y 2B5 Maxi 418-227-9228 SK Humboldt 2019-8th Ave S0K 2A0 Extra Foods 306-682-8331 SK Meadow Lake 828-9th St. W. S9X 1S9 Extra Foods 306-236-8336 SK Melfort A620 Saskachewan Ave S0E 1A0 Your Independent Grocer 306-752-9722 SK Melville 100 Halifax Ave. W. S0A 2P0 Extra Foods 306-728-6610 SK Prince Albert 591-15th Street East S6V 1G3 Real Canadian Superstore 306-953-8100 SK Regina 4450 Rochdale Blvd. S4X 4N9 Real Canadian Superstore 306-546-6618 SK Regina 2055 Prince Of Wales Dr. S4V 3A3 Real Canadian Superstore 306-546-6500 SK Weyburn 115 Souris Ave N.W. S4H 3N6 Real Canadian Wholesale Club 306-848-3400