- What is a SIM card?
SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) is a smart card that stores data such as your phone number, contact information and text messages. SIM-based phones require this card to work and access the network. All PC mobile phones require a SIM card. PC mobile SIM cards come with PC mobile phones.
- What is a SIM serial number?
A SIM serial number is a unique identification number assigned to each SIM card. It is a 19-digit number found on the back of the card and is used by a Mobile Advisor at The Mobile Shop, during the activation process.
- What are the benefits of using a SIM card?
It allows you to use the next generation HSPA network and can also allow you to take your account information and service from one PC mobile phone to another for immediate use. You can also store data like contact information and text messages on your SIM card and then move them from one phone to another by moving the SIM card.
- How do I insert my SIM card into my phone?
Each phone is different. Where applicable, open the back of the phone and remove the battery. Push the card into the 'SIM slot,' which is often indicated by an image of the SIM card. Ensure that the slanted corner is facing the right way and that the SIM card is pushed all the way in. See your phone's user guide for more information.
- Can I use a PC mobile SIM card in any phone?
Your PC mobile SIM card will work on any PC mobile phone. For a non-PC mobile phone, the phone must be SIM-based and has to be unlocked. To see if your SIM-based phone is compatible with our network, visit The Mobile Shop (for a list of kiosk locations, click here).
- Can I buy a new phone and use the same PC mobile SIM card?
Yes, you can buy a new PC mobile phone and you can use the same SIM card. If you are buying a non-PC mobile phone, the device must be unlocked in order for the SIM card to work. To check if your phone is compatible, visit The Mobile Shop (for a list of kiosk locations, click here).
- What does unlocking a phone mean?
Wireless carriers 'lock' their phones so that only SIM cards registered to their network will work. Reversing this programming is considered 'unlocking' and will ensure the phone works with any SIM card.
- Can I use my existing phone from another provider with a PC mobile SIM card?
For a non-PC mobile phone, the phone must be SIM-based and has to be unlocked. To see if your SIM-based phone is compatible with our network, visit The Mobile Shop (for a list of kiosk locations, click here).
- Does PC mobile provide technical support for non-PC mobile smartphones?
PC mobile cannot guarantee assistance with any services that are available with your non-PC mobile phone. Some services may be different or unavailable. PC mobile cannot provide technical phone support for non-PC mobile phones.
- What do I do if voice, text messaging or data are not working on another wireless carrier's SIM-based phone activated with PC mobile?
If you have voice or text messaging issues, please call us at 1-855-660-3355. If you have data issues, you may need to configure your phone's data connection.
- Does PC mobile only accept locked smartphones? Can I bring my unlocked flip phone or QWERTY phone?
PC mobile doesn't guarantee service on other carriers' SIM-based phones. If it's compatible and 'unlocked,' voice and text messaging services should work in the same way. PC mobile does not offer support for setting up data on QWERTY and flip phones
- Are any services guaranteed on my non-PC mobile smartphone?
PC mobile doesn't guarantee service on other carriers' SIM-based phones.
- Will my PC mobile SIM card work internationally?
Yes, the PC mobile SIM card can roam on other HSPA networks worldwide but please note you will be charged extra for long distance usage. To see a full list of rates, click here.
- Where can I buy a PC mobile SIM card?
To purchase a PC mobile SIM card please visit The Mobile Shop. For a list of kiosk locations, click here.
- Can I bring a phone purchased internationally to PC mobile?
The best way to check if your phone is compatible is to visit The Mobile Shop and speak to a Mobile Advisor who can test your phone by inserting an active PC mobile SIM card. For a list of kiosks nearest you, click here.
- Why don't WIND, Mobilicity and Videotron phones work with PC mobile?
These phones operate on a different HSPA network than PC mobile. Unfortunately none of their phones are compatible with our network.
- How do I activate my PC mobile SIM card?
You can activate it at The Mobile Shop (for a list of kiosk locations, click here).
- What can I save on my PC mobile SIM card?
You can save up to 40 text messages and up to 250 phonebook contacts on your PC mobile SIM card.
- How can I protect the information on my SIM card?
You can set up a password that must be entered once you turn on your phone. This password is referred to as a PIN, which is initially turned off and set to '1234' by default. PIN options can usually be found in the phone menu under Settings > Security. Check your user guide for setup instructions.
- What happens if my PC mobile phone or SIM card is lost or stolen?
If you've lost your phone, log into Self Serve, visit The Mobile Shop (for a list of kiosk locations, click here) or call 1-855-660-3355 for assistance
- What do I do if my phone displays one of these error messages: 'SIM card rejected,' 'SIM card unaccepted,' 'SIM card error' or 'SIM card unregistered'?
The first step is to check that your SIM card is inserted properly. If you still get the error message, please visit The Mobile Shop (for a list of kiosk locations, click here) or call 1-855-660-3355 for assistance.
- How do I remove my SIM card from my phone?
Each phone is different. Where applicable, remove the back of your phone and take out the battery. Carefully slide the SIM card out of the slot. See your phone's user guide for more information.
- Can I give my PC mobile SIM card to a friend?
Yes, but the account will still be in your name and you will still be responsible for making the monthly payments.
- How do I de-activate my PC mobile SIM card?
Please visit The Mobile Shop (for a list of kiosk locations, click here) or call 1-855-660-3355 for assistance
- What is the best way to dispose of a SIM card?
Your SIM card may be placed in a recycling bin. Be sure to delete all personal information such as text messages and phonebook contacts.
- What is an ICCID number?
An ICCID is a unique 19-digit number printed on the SIM card. This number may be required for troubleshooting when speaking to a representative.
- What is nano-SIM?
The NANO-SIM is 30% smaller in size than the current micro-SIM currently used in other phones. The PC mobile nano-SIM card works on both the 4G LTE & 4G HSPA+ networks. Customers will continue to enjoy roaming access on the HSPA and GSM networks when outside of Canada
- CAN I USE MY EXISTING SIM CARD WITH ANY DEVICE?
In some cases an existing standard or micro-SIM can be transferred between select devices. However, devices such as the iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and LG Nexus 6 would only be compatible with the nano- SIM.
- CAN I CUT MY EXISTING SIM CARD TO FIT A DEVICE THAT USES A NANO-SIM?
No. Cutting existing standard and micro SIM cards will not work. It may damage your phone and void your warranty.
- How is the nano-SIM set up?
It is set up like any other SIM card. Insert the SIM card into the card slot. Make sure the beveled edge of the card is aligned with the card slot.
- When do I use data on my PC mobile phone?
Here's a breakdown of what features use data: