- Can I use my PC mobile phone while I'm in another country?
Yes, but keep in mind that international service providers may offer different services and their networks may have different frequencies. While in North America, PC mobile phones are compatible with HSPA 850/1900 MHZ frequencies. While travelling internationally, PC mobile phones are compatible with HSPA 850/900/1800/1900 MHZ frequencies. If the provider within the country does not offer the same frequency, your phone may not work on their network. To see a list of roaming partners, click here.
- What if my phone doesn't work where I'm travelling?
If the country you are travelling to does not have a compatible frequency, you may be purchase a phone from a local provider. You can choose to transfer your PC mobile SIM card over to the new phone you purchased so you can access all of your information. However, you may also opt to purchase and insert a local SIM card to avoid significant long distance and roaming charges.
- PC mobile International Travel rates are subject to change
- Calling minutes, messages or data used while travelling are not deducted from your monthly rate plan allotment.
- International Travel charges may take up to 90 days to appear on your bill.
- Basic and digital features may vary within the travel partner's digital coverage areas.
- Data is charged by the MB and is prorated to the closest 20 KB.
- Voicemail notification may not be available in all areas.
- How does PC mobile help me manage my data charges when I am travelling outside of Canada?
- Once you use $100 of roaming pay-per-use data or Preferential roaming pay-per-use data you will have to provide consent to use incremental roaming pay-per-use data. The consent re-sets every month and must be provided every month once you reach the $100 threshold. You can provide consent to continue using data past the cap thresholds by logging into Web Self Care and adding an optional add-on, visiting The Mobile Shop location nearest you or calling into Client Care.