DATA ON ANDROID
- How do I turn off data on my Android™ phone?
If you'd like to shut off the data function on your phone, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button on your home screen
- Tap Settings
- Tap Wireless & Networks
- Tap Mobile Networks
- Ensure Data-enabled and Data-roaming are unchecked
- Does using Wi-Fi on my Android phone count against my data usage?
No, it does not.
- Do all phone features work over Wi-Fi® on my Android phone?
There are only certain features that work over Wi-Fi®®.
Picture and Video Messaging (MMS)
MMS will not work if data is turned off.
Web browsing will work if using data over Wi-Fi.
Text messaging will work regardless if you’re using Wi-Fi or not.
- Do I need a data connection to send a picture or video message?
No, sending a rich-media message does not require a data connection.
- Will my Android phone still use data when it's idle?
Apps running in the background may still be using data. We recommend always closing apps when you're finished with them.